Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some Stuff

To all my blog readers (nearly 400 of you per day)and all my commentors (nearly 8 of you per post - what up with that?): I would like to apologize in advance for the poor grammar and poorly constructed sentences in the following post (and previous posts for that matter). I seem to have a sinus infection that is causing me not to be able to produce a coherent thought.


It's raining again. Which is okay since we need the rain (we're hoping for a thick, lush lawn at the new house, but will take whatever we can get at this point), but it is not a good thing for those of us who have a sinus infection and an active TB type cough. Seriously, I have come close to hacking up a lung for the past week! I took some of the hubs cough meds night before last and had a cough medicine hangover for 48 hours....I'm still not over it! I have the kind of sinus issues where you turn your head and it takes a few minutes for it to actually get there....make sense to anybody? Probably not, since nothing I have said for the past week has made sense.

I thought it was time for a little randomness (that, and I couldn't think of anything of substance to write). So, here goes it:

First off......I have several "issues" with Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I am addicted to Facebook and I love it, but some things just totally get on my nerves. For example, how they change layouts as soon as I get used to the old one. Or how everyone uses it to brag on themselves. Or how everyone has to tell us in their status update every time they go to the gym (seriously, is it a FB rule that you have mention every time you head for the gym? I'm glad people are exercising, but do we have to hear about every crunch and lunge?). Or how people who use their status update to try to brag without being obvious about it - IE. "John Doe is tired from my long, difficult, and very expensive trip to sight-see in Europe" or "Jane Doe is so thankful that she can still fit in her size 3 shorts from last summer" or "John Doe is so tired of long meetings, but I suppose that is why I make 6 figures" and I wont even comment about the people who are constantly telling us how "hot" their spouse is.........can I get a witness???? Is it just me?? Please tell me I am not alone here. I am all about sharing what you are doing with you FB friends, but do we really need to know how much your car, your watch, and your 12 karat diamond ring cost???


As I was doing laundry and cleaning toilets this morning, something occurred to me: "What if I have actually reached my full potential?".......I mean what if I have been away from the "working outside the home" world so long, that cleaning toilets IS my full potential??


Monday was one of the most horrible days I can remember. A delivery service that works for SEARS delivered our new washer/dryer to the house (old ones are over 15 yrs old - R.I.P. old w/d). The men brought them in boxes and sat them in our laundry room floor. One man starts telling me how to install them when I say "We paid for you guys to install them". He looked at me like I had two heads and then he said, "Well, we'll have to take them back outside and take them out of the boxes then. I'll be right back."......I waited for about 10 minutes and looked outside to see what they were doing. This is the good part......THEY WERE GONE!!!!!! Left. Outta there. Needless to say, I called the company and they fell all over themselves trying to make it right. The same man showed up the next day to install the washer/dryer and the first words out of his mouth were : "I understand we had a miscommunication yesterday".............Is there a law against being a liar??? Or against being stupid???? Just curious (and yes, I know we don't say the words liar or stupid in my house).

So, I have told you that we have a car wash. That's right folks, I spend my days emptying trash and shoveling up junk - unfortunately, life ain't all Bon Bons and high tea for me. I do man's work....and lots of it. Anyway, shortly after the "Great Washer/Dryer Debacle of 2009", I looked out my window to see a wrecker with a dune buggy on the back at the car wash. That is not an abnormal sight except for the fact that the dune buggy was lodged into the side of the car wash. Damage was done, minor damage, but damage nonetheless. I walked over to the wrecker driver and the lady that was with him and before I could open my mouth she started calling me every name in the book. Cussing. Like a sailor. That has been in prison. For years. In front of her small children. I told her that I would need her name and number...she wouldn't give it to me. I told the driver I would need his and he gave me the name "John Jones"......yeah. Well. I didn't think it was enough damage to call the police, especially since I got their tag number and had two witnesses, but I did get a good cussing out for what reason I do not know (apparently she thinks I am a dog, have no daddy, and she uses God's name in the wrong context). So, in case you were wondering, gone are the days when people damage your property and say they are sorry. Now they violently tell you off........be prepared. The world has gone to hell in a hand basket.

For the record, I hate all buffets....just thought I would throw that out there.


Well, I would write more random thoughts, but to be honest I have none. My neurons are not all firing at this point. For those of you who have read this far (mom) I appreciate your reading my rant. For those of you who didn't read this far - you missed your opportunity for a good nap --- seriously, this post is like Nyquil - it will definitely put you to sleep ;-).

18 comments:

Mari said...

I'm still here and I'm awake! I can't believe the woman swore at you when her dune buggy was causing the problem! And the W/D delivery - things are crazy down there!
Hope your head clears up, but in the meantime I'm enjoying your incoherant rambling!!!

Greg P. said...

Why would anyone use a dune buggy in TN..... in March!

Did you tell her dune buggys are a lot more fun when they're OFF the hook?

Fran said...

Hey! I know the sinus thing all too well. totally get it.

You completely crack me up. always.

And, FB is crazy. Crazy people saying crazy stuff that makes me wanna smack 'em.

Tony C said...

You're a better person for taking the high road in both situations.

Just because other people want to be idiots doesn't mean we have to one with them.

'Serenity now!' in the words of Frank Costanza.

Eddie said...

Guess you also thought your Dad wouldn't read to the end. I did and good thing Dad wasn't in Tenn. when the toothless, tobacco spitting women heaved her IQ at you. Dad's don't take kindly to toothless,tobacco spitting ------- women heaveing at their daughters. Even in your randomness, you have powerful words of wisdom. Sorry you not feeling better. Here's a kiss, now go lay down and fell better.
Got a get better for the move!
Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Facebook....I have been on for about 1 week and it has taken over my life!! Not just physically but mentally!! I had forgotten all of those high school feelings of "not fitting it"--they are still there!

And the toilet cleaning thing--I hear ya on that one!!! I clean houses 3 days a week-this CAN NOT be my full potential, can it??

Sigh....

praying for the Lords quick return!

Denise said...

my husband is hot, but i don't go to the gym, or make 6 figures, or have a size 6 figure. i hate the last 2 new f.b. layouts. leave it alone already.

i don't like buffets. it's weird to eat at them.

i am very good at cleaning toilets. great with a pummis stone on the pesky ring the porcelain throne can get. if you start a business i could work for you.


i'm sorry you got hit (someone needed to say it).

nyquil is nasty. ick. i'd rather eat at a buffet.

LynnSC said...

Again... I love your randomness. It always speaks volumes to me.

It never ceases to amaze me at how people treat other people. Just yesterday at the doctor's office... the receptionist yelled ugly things at a patient... an older man about 73... because he didn't make an appointment but needed a prescription for a new glucometer for his diabetes. Excuse me... but back in "his day" you could just walk into the doctor's office and actually talk to him.... I was so annoyed.

Blessings,
Lynn

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and want to come back and read lots more.

Hope you are feeling better.

Teresa

Mitchell said...

I had also heard that you contacted your significant other about the washer/dryer fiasco since he was out of town at the time....Honestly woman...the man has built the entire house "by himself" and all he asked you to do was get the washer and dryer in the house...one thing...how much does he have to by himself...just consider yourslef a lucky woman.
;)

BethAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BethAnne said...

Mitchell, you better watch yourself or I will block you from my blog!!!!! And then I will come to your house and get all "Carter County" on ya!!! I would hate for my sister to be a widow at such a young age!

ocean mommy said...

Totally get the sinus thing...I'm living that right now.

Oh and buffets? GROSS ME OUT.

Hugs,
steph.

Sandi said...

oh Bethanne!....yet another hilarious random post that seems to resonate with most everyone...and those who it doesn't...will just continue letting the world know about their every whim and fancy and extravagance...whether we want to know or not!!!
btw...buffets remind me of days when i would feed the cattle for my dad on our farm in Iowa....they all lined up around the trough and i shoved the hay at them...ugh.....i avoid buffets if at possible!.....i mean, really....WHAT falls or drifts onto that food that is standing there for WHO knows how long???...i'm just sayin'........

Kelly said...

I agree about the FB comments! Unfortunately it can feed our self-absorbed society. I have wondered if when a person is telling us how hot their spouse is if it is there way of trying to convince themselves? ;)

Alana said...

I have so had that same thought about reaching my full potential ;-)

Hope you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

You had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD at the FaceBook commentary! HA!!! It's so true. Or the people that WANT you to ask what is wrong with them so they put small things in their status update that make you HAVE to ask! I just snicker...but still ask.....

Anonymous said...

ok..First Issue..FB We obviously don't have the same friends, cause none of mine, work-out, make 6 figures, and don't have money to leave the surronding area much less Europe...and If my friends we're to brag about how HOT their husbands we're all the time,..You know me, I'd defiantly have to say something..hehehe...

The Sears People would have not liked to have heard from me that day...that's all Im gonna say..

If the Idiot's from The CarWash come back...call me..I've had enough pent up Stress to have taken care of that sisutation..Please Do next time..I do have a little savings to get me out of jail, just before I go..Make sure I give you my ATM card to go get the money...Sheww..PEOPLE!!!

I got your back anytime..I can be as hateful as the rest of them..With all MY TEETH!!
hmmm..I keep drinking Mt.Dew I might not in a few years, but for now..I can!

just holler when you need me to handle your light work..Ill leave the tying steel, and carrying sheetrock to you! hahaha...