Thursday, February 5, 2009

Snow Day #2

Lake was out of school yesterday because of a terrible snow storm that dumped a 1/2 inch of snow in our area ;-) (Greg and Mari, this is the point where you all laugh uncontrollably). Today he is out because of extreme cold? (It is 17 degrees outside right now....I think that is why they are out....the roads are clear, so cold is my guess). (Insert laughter). We have spent the past 2 days playing, eating, and playing some more and then eating some more. I just finished making the boys pancakes and now we are playing Playstation until its time for Lake's guitar lesson and then on to his basketball game. I assume I will be back on regular blog schedule tomorrow as the temps here will climb into the 50's........

6 comments:

Eddie said...

Can't believe it's colder in Georgia than it is in Tenn. 12 Degrees this morning and suppose to get up to 37 today and start warming up tomorrow. Just came back from lunch and it's still really cold outside. Not sure it will reach 37 today. You should be happy now that you have had some snow cream, I know how you like it.

Kelly S. said...

OK, we are on snow day #3!! shocker! When I picked my girls up Monday at 12.30, they were furious with me because by the time we got home from the 3 minute drive.......the snow was about over. Like I can fix that???? Poor things can not remember a real good snow, that you can actually play in. However, Tuesday afternoon we did get a "blizzard" of about 1". So on Wed. they dressed up in everything they own and sled (sort of), but they did make a successful snow angel. Not enough for a snowman....bummer.
Thankfully, I have enjoyed the days at home, in which I have accomplished very little. I'm sure we'll be back to normal tomorrow and can enjoy spring for 3 days???!!!

Heather C said...

We've never cancelled school for cold weather, but they do keep them inside for recess and cancel ski day when it's too cold. Hope you're enjoying your days off! :) There's something to be said for routine, though, too... it's... comforting, I guess.

Greg P. said...

A whole 1/2 inch, huh? ...

....they closed school for that?

Can't make a whole lotta snow cream with that! Y'all need some REAL snow..... no'thern style.

alliekat said...

Listen...you live in the wrong county....(we are only 25 minutes from each other) we received 4 inches of snow! I measured it myself on my back deck. I'll have you know that the back roads are still not good. You city people! The snow was very nice. My son has been out all week. Now I'm ready for spring and camping! It is suppose to be 60 degrees tomorrow! You think it is global warming???

Fran said...

Yep...totally get it. Remember, we got out for ice...ahem, rain...last Tuesday. Us Southerners FREAK OUT over this.

I hope all is good and normal for Friday. Supposed to be 65 here over the weekend. Typical.

Love ya...and I got your message on FB. You are a hoot.