Friday, February 15, 2008
Snow on Our New House and Some Friday Fun
So, it snowed a little (and I do mean a little) the other day and I took this picture of our new house with snow on the roof. Not that you care about snow on our roof, but I put this picture here anyway. I know even with the snow on the roof the house looks very similar to the last pictures posted back in warm weather. That is because we are trying to break the record for "Slowest House Building". I think we may have already broken it - better call Guiness and find out for sure. There are people there working, but I really don't see much progress...........hopefully, we will move in by 2012. (I'm joking - kinda).
Last night, hubs and I spent a very romantic Valentine's evening. First, there was dinner at a local eatery and then we took in a major sporting event. Actually, we ate at a local drive-thru called Pal's (if you are ever in East TN you need to eat there) and then we went to Lake's basketball game. The good news is that under the expert coaching of hubs, our team only lost to the BEST team by one point. It's the small victories, people.......... the small ones. We have a really good team this year, but the team we played last night is undefeated. We will call them the Green Amazon team because their uniforms are green and they are all three heads taller than our tallest player. Anyway, we gave them a run for their money and they are running scared now that they know we can hang with the best of them (almost). So since last night was a bust in the romance department, hubs and I are going to take the kids to Mammaws and go to dinner. We decided no gifts this year, so hubs will be receiving the joy of my presence for Valentine's Day. YAY for him! hahahaha
Okay, so I got this survey the other day and I am just now getting around to posting it. Not that you care about any of this stuff, but it's Friday and I need something to blog about before the weekend, so here goes.................................................
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Dont know - I was just a baby when I was named
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? couple of weeks ago I think
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not particularly, but it is sufficient
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Sara Lee Peppered Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Best Friends
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Ummmm, No! Never! (I dont lie either)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ? Last time I checked
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Yep, for the right amount of money
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi Crunch and Frosted Flakes - not together although that might be good
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? nope
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? kinda (well, actually yes, I am freakishly strong, but I dont wanna brag)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate or caramel - Anything Graeter's
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? face/clothes/hair - outward appearance and teeth, yeah teeth too......I am very observant!
15. RED OR PINK? I think, pink, I think - I just turned into Dr. Seuss all of the sudden
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? body - weight
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST ? grandparents
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? white hoodie, blue jeans, NB kicks
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? M & M's and Cheez-its ---- see #16
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The Incredibles
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Coffee - cinnamon candles - buttercream candles - my kids when they get out of the bathtub
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Hubs
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO you last spoke to ? Yes, most of the time
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Basketball (preferably the Roadrunners - my 6 yr olds team)
26. HAIR COLOR? Indescribable (somewhere between red and blonde - let's call it 'ronde' or 'bled')
27. EYE COLOR? Brown
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, but I AM blind as a bat
29. FAVORITE FOOD? All - again see #16
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings - hate scary movies they are of the devil
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Minutemen
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White
33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
34. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on who they are from - my kids? both strangers? neither
35. FAVORITE DESSERT? All - again #16
36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Discerning the Voice of God - Priscilla Shirer and Abraham and Sarah by Roberta Kells Dorr
37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? some dirt and bits of Cheez its - see #20 then refer to #16 again
38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT? Deal or No Deal, Baby!
39. FAVORITE SOUND? My kids laughing and the sound of my tired body falling into bed
40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I am not into rocks and I dont like bugs
41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN from HOME? Europe
42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can pick things up with my toes and I have the gift of gab as well - I think I am pretty good at leading women's Bible Study classes - I seem to be great at catching strange diseases and maladies - I also seem to be especially gifted at children's games such as go fish and old maid, but again, I dont like to brag
43. IF YOU COULD BE PRESIDENT HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE THE COUNTRY? Well, if I were president, I would make everything free to all people. There would be no lines at Wal-Mart only signs that say "Take what you need, but need what you take". I could go on and on, but I feel that I will reserve my thoughts for a later post.......However, if the above sounds good to you, please feel free to write my name in on your ballot in November.
Okay, there you have it. Everything you never wanted to know about me - the very unspiritual version. SO, if any of you are looking for blog fodder this weekend, feel free to copy this (in your own words of course - we wouldnt want to bore people).
Time to go and fill up my son's bowl of crackers and pick out something to wear on my date tonight.........................................