Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Checking in.........

Just checking in since it has been a few days since I blogged (okay more than a few but who's counting?). To give you an idea of how our lives are going here in East TN, here are just a few highlights of the past few days.....

*Youngest nephew graduated from high school (same school I went to only there was no police chase during HIS graduation - there was a police chase during mine - Go Cougars!)

*My dad came to visit for the weekend.

*We went to a Barbecue cook off and paid $10 to get in, but you couldn't actually EAT the barbecue. We found out that little detail AFTER we paid the $10. Apparently the Health Dept. said that the BBQ vendors could compete for prizes but no one could eat their food. It has been advertised on the radio and TV for weeks now, but no one mentioned that little (HUGE) fact.

*Kaden fell and broke his nose Saturday morning. I have always told my kids "If you are going to do something, do it right".....he must have listened because he did a number on his little nose. It looks much better today than the past few (he looked like another kid - nothing like my sweet little baby-faced Kaden). We go to the ENT today at 1:00 to hopefully have it "set and splinted". If it is too bad to set, they will have to put him to sleep. I know that there are parents at St. Jude's who would give anything if all that was wrong with their child was a broken nose, so I am trying to keep that in mind as I am tempted to cry when I look at him.

*Don't tell Kaden, but he is so pitiful right now that he could pretty much ask for anything and I would do it, get it, go to it for him......it breaks my heart to see his little black eyes and crooked nose.

*Lake's last day of school is tomorrow (1/2 day). My personal opinion is that kids should never go to school before Labor Day and never be in school after Memorial Day, but the School Board has never asked for my opinion, sooooo ........

*We are finally finished building our house, but now another house is being started across the street.......guess it's our turn to be annoyed by hammers, nail guns, concrete trucks, delivery trucks, etc..... ;-( What comes around truly does go around, huh?

*We had Memorial Weekend off from t-ball/baseball.......it was a much needed break, but baseball is back on tonight......Kaden's t-ball team will have to do without him for a couple of games, I suppose......He thinks they will lose if he doesn't play.....how does one teach a kid humility without causing him to have low self-esteem? ;-)

Time to get ready for the Dr. -- should be fun---- ER doc mentioned shots in the nose and face....Kaden is never happy about shots. Taking my mom with me for moral support and backup.

13 comments:

Mari said...

Poor Kaden! It's so hard when you are a Mom and see your baby in pain. I did a post today about my visit with the ENT last week. You'll have to check it out.
PS - I think you are right on about school dates. The School board has never taken my opinion into consideration either!

ocean mommy said...

Girl I am praying for him and for you! Goodness...that just sounds painful..

Greg P. said...

All I can say is God bless him.

I have no doubt it hurts you to see him looking like that. My prayers are with him.... and you.

Anna said...

Thank you for reminding me of the police chase and bringing a huge smile to my face....has it really been 18 yrs?????:)

Thinking of Kaden! Hope you BOTH are doing well :)
A

Amanda said...

Beth,

You go ahead and cry...mommy's are suppose to cry even over skinned knees. He'll have enough people telling him to "buck up" in life...mommy's aren't suppose to.

Memphis in May BBQ was like that...but you could "buy" some to eat from non-competing vendors...I never really understood that.

I would say pray, pray, pray over the "humility" thing...trust me God will teach him humility, but maybe your prayers can save him some of the painful ways I have had to learn it.

Have a good week and I hope Kaden feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

ouch....so sorry to hear about the broken nose babe...hang in there...


and the humility vs the low self-esteem thing...i just have never been able to "balance" that act...

Eddie said...

You had way to much to say about Dad visiting for the week-end! And no, I didn't forget my croc's and no, it's not vacation time, and no, I can't pay for it,
and no, to your sister who wants me to buy her a camper.

I'm getting good at this "no" stuff, don't you think?

Fran said...

Oh honey...I'm praying for your baby. Hope the dr. visit went ok.

Hugs,
Fran

Kelly S. said...

So sorry about your little man! I feel the same way about "perspective", but its still hard to see them suffer. My son has to go to Children's Hospital quite a bit, but he is VERY healthy. I always get a reality check while I'm there and realize how fortunate we are for him to be so healthy (he has Down's). Anyway, we go tomorrow for a 2 1/2 hour eye doc appt.....I'll need alot of Jesus time in the morning!

Hope Kayden feels better soon :)

Carol said...

Can't believe the BBQ fiasco. Ridiculous!!!

Rapture Forums said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work!!

God bless.

Amanda said...

More than a month!! Are you going to be "checking in" any time soon? LOL! I can't imagine what takes all your time from blogger??

Anonymous said...

missing your "randomness" Bethanne