Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not That You Care......

Hey guys! I am sitting here in the floor of the "office" in our new house. On the floor because we haven't brought the desk or chair to the new house yet.....we move like we build....slowly. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive. We are working like mad to try to get everything done. We have been staying at the new house for a week and a half, but we still have some stuff at the old house to bring here (or throw away or yard sale). The problem has been we haven't had more than a few hours at a time to do anything. It seems that baseball, t-ball, AWANA, nephew's wedding, guitar lessons, hub's work, and just life in general have completely gotten in the way of moving. I haven't even gotten to sit on my new furniture for more than 2 minutes (and I am not exxaggerating at all unfortunately). Hopefully, this week will be more productive.

One thing I have learned over the past couple of weeks while I have been out of pocket (ie. off the blog and off facebook) is that I need fellowship with you guys. I need encouragement from my Christian friends. You guys give me a lift everyday and I am so thankful for your influence in my life. My day goes better knowing that I have Christian friends who encourage me and are "doing life" and have struggles just like I do. It's good to know that I am not alone in this crazy busy life....so thank you all for being my friend (even though I have never even seen some of you in person).

I have had a heavy heart about a lot of things lately (which proves that new stuff doesn't bring you happiness --- did ya hear that? Stuff DOES NOT bring happiness). I got in the shower this morning and it was as if the Lord said "Beth, this stuff isn't for YOU to deal with....give it to ME and let Me work it out." So, today, I am trying my best to let Him deal with my "stuff" and keep my nose out of it.......pray that I can hand over the worries and keep my eyes focused on Him and I will pray the same thing for you, okay?

Back to work...................

14 comments:

Mari said...

Stuff sure doesn't give us happiness, but we seem to keep trying don't we? You know what else I do? I hand those worries over to God, and then I take them back! Yes - that's a good thing to pray about!

Lisa said...

You are so right! I love to quote Beth Moore who said, "Our part is to believe God. His part is to BE GOD and do what is ultimately and eternally best".

He is certainly trustworthy will all of our "stuff".

Blessings - Lisa

Tony C said...

We do care and miss your post.

You always give us bits of wisdom to chew on...and I appreciate it greatly.

God bless your new home.

Amanda said...

I already have been! Blessings as you relenquish control. It seems painful at first, but oh the relaxing rest that comes afterward is better than a day at the spa!

ocean mommy said...

Oh girl I am in agreement with you here!

Praying for you today!

Miss you too!!!

Hugs
steph.

Greg P. said...

You bless us also whether you know it or not. I'm glad to have you and your family as my Christian friends. You've taught me a lot just from reading your blog and Facebook.

You're not alone when it comes to problems or wondering how to handle them. We are ALL there with you. God bless you. You are in prayers.

{patty} said...

Beth, I have so missed your posts! You are an encouragement to me and a blessing! I was just talking to a friend about 'letting go and letting God today'. Even though we know to do it and that we need to do it, it seems like the hardest thing in the world to do! I will pray for you my friend..........love ya!

Cheryl said...

Oh I so DO care!!!!

With everything that's been going on in mylife, I needed that reminder to keep my eyes on HIM!

Love ya!

~cassie~ said...

I miss your posts so much too!!! Will be praying for you...I completely understand handing over my "stuff" to God...trying to do the same....God Bless...Love ya...

Kelly S. said...

HI Friend! glad you have moved and hope you guys get settled soon. I know you have done Esther so get your cards out and "turn it around". 1 Peter 5.7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I just joined FB last night. I had a weak moment and really needed to look at a friend of mine's FB page who makes birthday cakes. (my baby girl turns 8 this week) Anyway....I had restrained myself so long, oh well, maybe we can be "friends".
will pray for your family

Anna said...

Glad to 'see' you again! Glad you're in the new house too! Will be praying for you...never easy to hand things over to Him completely. Why do we always 'think' we must be in control? Oh girl-I have alot of work to do myself :) xoxoox

Fran said...

I'm so glad you are back. I just love ya and I need you too! :)

Hugs,
Fran

Stacey said...

I'm glad you are back, too! Sometimes I get so used to communicating with facebook I forget about reading blogs but I really enjoy yours. May God help you with your heavy heart today...He is sooo good at that!

Steve said...

Hang in there!! We are certainly praying for you!!